Interact for Health’s staff is committed to improving the health of people in Greater Cincinnati. Staff members serve in a variety of roles to support the foundation’s grantmaking and research functions. Interact for Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Strategy and Policy Intern
The strategy and policy internship is a part-time position within the Strategy and Policy team of Interact for Health. The intern will complete 20 hours per week of work at the Interact for Health offices for 12 weeks (approximately mid-May 2019 thru mid-August 2019), with a possible extension after 12 weeks. This intern will participate in activities structured to expose them to all of Interact’s current strategic priorities (reducing tobacco use, addressing the opioid epidemic and ensuring that children have access to health care through school-based health centers).
Reports to: Research Officer
- Participate in ongoing activities and projects determined to be of mutual interest to the intern, Strategy and Policy team and Interact for Health;
- Assist program officers and staff on various projects related to Interact’s current strategic priorities;
- Attend staff meetings, as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Master’s or doctoral student. Must be in good standing within his/her academic department. Recent graduates may also be considered.
- Background in health policy, health research, or public health
- Strong analysis and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently
- Has a passion for public health
Intern should demonstrate intelligence, compassion, integrity, sense of community, outstanding communication skills and leadership.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to Christine Bennett, Senior Director of Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period closes at 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 30.