School-based health care, dental and mental health care available; Call first
Jun 15, 2020
Updated June 15. School districts and their medical partners are working so school-based medical, dental and mental health care services are still available to students and families. It’s important to continue to manage pre-existing health conditions. If you have a health question, call your regular doctor or one of the school-based health centers listed below.
Call before you go. Many problems can be handled over the phone. If you need to be seen, providers will tell you next steps.
Cincinnati Public Schools
Download a flier about summer health services available in Cincinnati Public Schools in English or Spanish.
- CINCINNATI HEALTH DEPARTMENT. Through Aug. 1 Patients from any CHD school-based health center can call 513-357-7320 for a consult, or one of the numbers below.
- Medical services
- Children’s Home of Cincinnati/Shroder High School – Levine Family Health Center, 5051 Duck Creek Road, Madisonville. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 513-527-7300.
- Roberts Paideia Academy,1702 Grand Ave., East Price Hill. 8 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday. 513-363-4669.
- Mt. Airy School, 5730 Colerain Ave., Mount Airy. 9 a.m.-1 p.m Wednesday. 513-363-3765.
- Vision services
- Academy of World Languages – Schiff Wellness Center, 2030 Fairfax Ave., Evanston. 7:30 a.m –4 p.m. Monday-Friday. 513-363-7858.
- Dental services
- Academy of World Languages – Schiff Wellness Center, 2030 Fairfax Ave., Evanston. 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. 513-363-7848.
- Deaconess Health Check at Western Hills, 2146 Ferguson Road, Westwood. 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. 513-363-8706.
- Oyler School, 2121 Hatmaker St., Lower Price Hill. 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. By appointment only. 513-363-4135.
- Additional dental providers listed below.
- CINCINNATI CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
- Rockdale Academy, 335 Rockdale Ave., Avondale. 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday-Friday. By appointment only. 513-363-4704.
- South Avondale School, 636 Prospect Place, Avondale. 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday-Friday. By appointment only. 513-363-4704.
- CROSSROAD HEALTH CENTER
- Rothenberg Preparatory Academy, Patients are being seen by appointment at Crossroad Health Center, 5 E. Liberty St., Over-the-Rhine. 513-381-2247.
- William H. Taft Elementary School, 270 Southern Ave., Mount Auburn. 9 a.m.-noon Monday and Wednesday beginning July 6. Well checks only. Call for appointment. 513-363-6524. Patients are being seen for sick visits by appointment at Crossroad Health Center, 5 E. Liberty St., Over-the-Rhine. 513-381-2247.
- MERCY HEALTH
- Sayler Park School, 6700 Home City Ave., Sayler Park. In-person appointments 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday, virtual appointments Tuesday and Friday. 513-363-5170.
- Woodward Career Technical High School, 7005 Reading Road, Roselawn. Call to schedule an in-person sports physical or a telehealth visit for any other reason. 513-363-9450.
Medication pickup: Student medications left at a Cincinnati Public school may have been transferred to the Cincinnati Health Department. If you need to get the medication, call 513-357-2824.
Fairfield City School District
- Primary Health Solutions -- Fairfield School-based Health Center, 211 Donald Drive Suite B, Fairfield, OH 45014. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday. Call for a medical, dental or vision appointment. 513-454-1111.
Hamilton City School District
- Primary Health Solutions -- Hamilton School-based Health Center, 250 N. Fair Ave., Suite B, Hamilton, OH 45011. 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call for a medical, dental or vision appointment. 513-454-1111.
Little Miami Schools
- Mercy Health -- Little Miami School Health Center, 7247 Zoar Road, Maineville, OH 45039. In-person appointments 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Friday, virtual appointments Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. 513-215-9277.
Middletown City School District
- Primary Health Solutions -- Middletown School-based Health Center, 601 N. Breiel Blvd., Suite B, Middletown, OH 45042. 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday. Call for a medical, dental or vision appointment. 513-454-1111.
West Clermont Local Schools
- West Clermont Middle School, 1341 Clough Pike, Cincinnati OH 45103. 513-732-5082.
- Medical care by appointment, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Dental and vision emergencies only. Call for information.
Dental services available in Cincinnati
Five Cincinnati Health Department dental centers are open to handle oral health needs. New or established patients can receive dental care through coordinated walk-in and virtual visits. Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday. Patients must call any of the locations first for a telephone or video call evaluation.
- Bobbie Sterne Health Center (formerly called Elm Street), 1525 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine. 513-352-2927.
- Crest Smile Shoppe, 612 Rockdale Ave., Avondale. 513-352-4072.
- Millvale at Hopple Street Health Center, 2750 Beekman St., Millvale. 513-352-3196.
- Northside Health Center, 3917 Spring Grove Ave., Northside. 513-357-7610.
- Price Hill Health Center, 2136 W. Eighth St., Lower Price Hill. 513-357-2704.
- An on-call dental provider can be reached after hours at 1-866-485-0271.
Mental health care for students and youth
Therapy, case management and medication management/psychiatry are available to students via telehealth and phone. If your student was previously enrolled or is a new patient, call your therapist today. Contact information can be found at the MindPeace Cincinnati website or call 513-803-0844. Students who need help calming down, focusing, managing emotions or learning coping skills can visit the Virtual MindPeace RoomTM.
Return to What's New